Wednesday, April 29, 2009

5b

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Slavery+Art+Paintings&page=1&qsrc=6&ab=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffineartamerica.com%2Fpaintings%2Ftag%2Famerican%2Bslavery

I came across this piece of art while researching the life of the early slaves. Slaves used music as a way to keep them motivated as well as pass the time. Music was extremely important for slaves in terms of motivation. It kept their spirits high and gave the slaves something of a Hobie, to do.

The subject of the art work is "The Jazz Player" The piece of art depicts a man playing the trumpet. He is probably from the early 1900's. The man looks to e enjoying himself. The piece seems to be created using some sort of paint.

The artwork seems to be about to life of jazz.

I chose this work of art because I love music. I think music makes a person feel good inside, and it also helps to pass the time. Music can tell a lot about a persons personality, and bring out their unique side. This piece makes me vision a nightclub with this jazz player, playing inside it. Everyone dancing and enjoying themselves, letting themselves go.

I would curious to know how influential jazz was during slavery days. I know many slaves attending secret music sessions, but were they able to play their own instruments?

No comments:

Post a Comment