Thursday, May 7, 2009

5C

MoLAA stands for Museum of Latin American Art. In visiting this site, I was able to open my eyes to another world. I was able to gain and grasp a better understanding of a new culture and Provence. Many of the artwork ha helped to better explain the times and traditions of Latin America.
Claudio Gallina: Between memory and Oblivion.
http://www.molaa.org/index.aspx
I really enjoyed this piece of art because of the descriptiveness in the art work. I enjoyed the children playing, childhood games. It reminds of the previous days, and how we often enjoy going back in time in our minds. The title of the art reminded me of Latin America and the earlier days, before of the havoc. Children playing in the streets before they was too much crime. Lastly the art piece reminds me how each area in this wonderful world has its own unique way of depicting their lifestyle.
The art work seems to be some time of charcoal, black and white drawing.There are children in the art work, playing childhood games.
The artwork is about memories and how oblivious we can be at certain ages. I took as if, when were are children, we are oblivious to the issues in the world.
I decided on this piece of work, because I liked the color scheme and the children playing. I feel that childhood is the essence of life. Everything, for the most part is enjoyable when your a child.
I would love to view more work done with this artist. Their technique is beautiful. I wonder if they work primarily in black in white?

No comments:

Post a Comment